Friday, October 9, 2009

New City, New Run

10.09.09
7:03pm (@home)

Ok, so it only took me a week to get back to running. Not TOO bad, I don't think. Headed out for a run today after work. Had my eyes set on Vondelpark as it is so close to where I live. [[Funny to think that at my going away in Miami, a friend said, 'Drew, make sure you go to Vondelpark, its amazing.' Didn't mean anything to me back then. haha]] Ran from my place down to the Vondelpark, through and around it. As it was right around the time people were getting out of work on a Friday, the park was filled with bicyclers, families, and people smoking pot. And it's amazing to see what Dutch people do on their bikes: I've seen everything from talking on their cell phone to reading the paper to smoking a pipe (or all three at once). Many also carry their young with them on the bikes - sometimes one in front and one in back, or sometimes in a huge plow that attaches to the front of the bike. Yes, the shovelplow children. I will try to capture a picture at some point. Either way, looks like fun chillin in those huge wooden plows being driven around the city.

Took the long loop around - cold, brisk run - and back. Was surprised to see it was nearly a 4-miler. Perfect small daily run. Shower time.

No comments: